Saga Pauillac is made mainly from the Domaines Barons de Rothschild Lafite’s own vineyards. DBR-Lafite’s technical teams vinify and age these wines which are partly made from the young vines of the estate. The structure of the wines is less concentrated than that of the Grands Vins, allowing them to reach maturity more quickly. Nevertheless, the exceptional terroir from which they come requires them to be laid down for several months. Saga Pauillac is only marketed once it is ready for drinking.
- Grape varieties:
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
- Length of ageing in oak barrels:
- 3 to 9 months.
- Average annual production:
- 5 000 cases.
The Chef's recipes
- Saga, Pauillac accompanied by individual rich chocolate and cherry cakes
- Saga, Pauillac accompanied by stuffed pimientos
- Saga, Pauillac chartreuse of aubergines with lamb
- Saga, Pauillac accompanied by cheese and sesame wafers
- Saga, Pauillac accompanied by guinea fowl pastilla
- Saga, Pauillac accompanied by duck breast with cherries
- All recipes