Légende Pauillac is made from grapes grown in Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite)’s own vineyards and, once again, the wine is made with the same attention to detail as for its great wines. Produced from the estate’s younger vines, its structure is less concentrated than its more prestigious relatives, allowing it to age quicker and so be enjoyed sooner. Nevertheless, the wine shows the same classic Pauillac qualities of a full, complex wine with backbone and balance
- Grape varieties:
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
- Length of ageing in oak barrels:
- 3 to 9 months.
- Average annual production:
- 5 000 cases.
The Chef's recipes
- Légende, Pauillac accompanied by individual rich chocolate and cherry cakes
- Légende, Pauillac accompanied by stuffed pimientos
- Légende, Pauillac chartreuse of aubergines with lamb
- Légende, Pauillac accompanied by cheese and sesame wafers
- Légende, Pauillac accompanied by guinea fowl pastilla
- All recipes