Le Dix de Los Vascos
In commemoration of 10 years of DBR (Lafite)’s work in Chile, the exceptional quality of some of the cuvées led to the selection of an exceptional wine. Le Dix de Los Vascos originates from 70-year-old vines located in the parcel known as “El Fraile”, and is aged in new French oak barrels. It is only produced in very limited quantities, depending on the concentration and the finesse of the vintage (there was no “Le Dix” in 1998 or in 2005). This is a wine of exceptional complexity, balance and elegance, with powerful tannins and aromas of very ripe fruit accentuated by spicy notes of cedar, laurel and eucalyptus.
- Grape varieties:
- Cabernet Sauvignon ( more than 85%), Syrah, Carmenère.
- Length of ageing in oak barrels:
- 18 months in 100% new barrels.
- Average annual production:
- 5 000 to 8 000 cases per year.