Château de Cosse
Château de Cosse has characteristics very similar to the "Grand Vin", but with shorter ageing in barrels. It may be enjoyed at a younger age than its "Grand Vin" counterpart. It possesses the typical characteristics of a fine Sauternes.
The origin of the name Château de Cosse comes from a plot of grapevines called Cosse
- Grape varieties:
- Sémillon 80 to 90%, Muscadelle and Sauvignon 10 to 20%.
- Length of ageing in oak barrels:
- 16 to 18 months in two year old barrels.
- Average annual production:
- varies a great deal depending on the vintage, but on average is 1,000 to 5,000 cases.