Château Lafite Rothschild
1st cru classé, Pauillac
Cabernet Sauvignon 82,5 %
Merlot 17 %
Petit Verdot 0,5 %
The beginning of the growth cycle was a tricky period due to a rather warm, very wet spring. The team had to be particularly vigilant in order to protect the vines.
Fine, stable weather returned in June and continued throughout the summer. In fact conditions became drought like, interspersed in July, August and September with welcome periods of light rain. Plenty of sunshine, with temperatures that were high without becoming scorching, and fairly cool nights enabled slow ripening that pushed the start of the harvests back to the end of September.
Exceptionally favourable weather conditions, crowned by harvests in the sun, made for a vintage that is certain to be outstanding.
Tasting note (at bottling):
A deep bouquet of dark fruit and liquorice. The palate is full-bodied and surprisingly expressive, but then becomes tighter, expressing power and exuberance. The youth of this Lafite does not hide its energy, but the distinctive elegance and complexity are already there!
The Chef's recipes
- Château Lafite Rothschild accompanied by poached beef
- Château Lafite Rothschild accompanied by soft-centered chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream
- Château Lafite Rothschild and rib of beef with truffle jus
- Château Lafite Rothschild & caramelized veal sweetbreads and spare ribs with truffles
- Château Lafite Rothschild stuffed shoulder of lamb
- Château Lafite Rothschild tender shoulder of rabbit with olive jus and polenta
- All recipes