4th cru classé, Pauillac
The fine wine from Château Duhart-Milon is often described as a classic version of the Pauillac appellation. It has a distinguished and reserved character. The courtier Abraham Lawton noted as early as 1815 that “it has firm taste, a fine colour, and a pronounced sap”.This strong personality of Château Duhart-Milon remains accurate today
- Grape varieties:
- Cabernet Sauvignon 70 to 80%, Merlot 20 to 30%.
- Length of ageing in oak barrels:
- 14 months (50% new)
- Average annual production:
- 20 000 to 25 000 cases.
The Chef's recipes
- Château Duhart-Milon and wild boar goulash with baby vegetables
- Château Duhart-Milon accompanied by duck breast with cherries
- Château Duhart-Milon accompanied by tournedos of beef bordelaise
- Château Duhart-Milon beef shank and foie gras terrine
- Château Duhart-Milon tournedos of hake with onion jus
- All recipes